It's been a while but we've been up to a lot! Everything from textures to TEDx Talks, but we're pleased to have something to show for it!
As we near our deadline for our backer beta release of the Android version of Axle more and more pieces fall into place.
Since we last updated we have been focusing on getting Axle to run smoothly across the different devices we test it on. This was one of the biggest unexpected challenges we have come up against. After we transferred Axle to unity we discovered that it would run at an uneven frame rate on some phones, which, as one can imagine, makes playing a bit more of a challenge than we would like. There are so many types of android devices, it can be fairly difficult and time consuming to try and account for each of their eccentricities. It has taken a while, but the investment of time was well worth it. The good news is all our optimization work has paid off and Axle now runs on most slower/older devices! Hooray!
Additionally, you can (or will be able to when we release Axle) post your scores to facebook! Up next are features like inviting friends to play and sharing scores across leader boards. Those features will be finished within the next few days.
In addition we have:
- Reworked our score and pause screens to simplify them to be more easy to read and use.
- A new set of sound effects for the newer features we have added to Axle, as well as some specific ambiance for the Toy Shop world.
- Clarified our tutorial and UI - everything should be easier to understand now!
- Worked more on our in-game store. We're getting close to finishing with that.
- Made new drafts of our levels to make them as fun and as rewarding as possible as we continue to add more.
- Added more vfx!
- Fixed bugs and continued to polish the game to look and run even better!
We figured the best way to let you know what is new on Axle would be to show you!Check out the video of our new textures and gameplay below!
Since we last shared footage there is now new music, new user interface, and new art as well as some less visible changes. We can't wait for you to play our beta of Axle so we will be working hard to get that to you as soon as possible!